At Twenty-four

The life and times of a busy mother of two.

Wednesday 18 August 2010

Catching my breath!

Lots of excitement around here over the past month or so. A whirlwind time was had late June preparing calendar designs for 2011 before presenting them to Readings in Carlton with the hopes of some being ordered. I came out of an incredible meeting with the rep there with orders for 160 calendars (4 types: 40 of each) and 60 cards (10 types: 6 of each). Wooo hoooooo (exactly what I yelled out -- not being able to contain it -- walking down Lygon St after the coup)!! They will be stocking one calendar that was in store there for the 2 weeks before Christmas last year (Details in Nature II), another calendar overflowing with incredible colour, both natural and colour manipulated, called 'Vibrant Colours', a third with a seaside theme including some beach boxes from Mornington beaches called 'Sand and Sea' and my 'Kitchen Owls' calendar -- filled with 24 of my assemblage sculpture creations. Now to work out the best way to get them produced so I make some money and it doesn't just turn into a marketing exercise!

Other great news includes the cube I now have at In.cube8r: champion to around 90 Melbourne artists. I rent the glass cube on a monthly basis and fill my cube with whatever product I wish (obviously they have vetted mine and all other artists' work). I currently have 12 owls and 3 mini blocks (photographs) on display. Go in and check it out sometime: they have some wonderful work all made in Oz.
In.cube8r
321 Smith St, Fitzroy

No comments: